RE: SMTP Performance of cUrl

From: Steve Holme <steve_holme_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2011 12:31:11 +0100

Hi Nazim,

> The problem is when I send email from the module, it takes around 4-5
> seconds to receive "354 Start mail input; end with <CRLF>.<CRLF>" and
state
> goes from RCTP to DATA. My question is if this is a normal time flow?

I've not noticed this with Exchange server myself.

> As I have checked previous messages on the mail group, people had speed
> problems about POST but they were related to their server or network
> configurations. Am I facing a similar problem or is this a usual case for
cUrl?

Have you tried running the command line version of Curl to see if it behaves
the same as your module?

Additionally, does SmarterMail provide any kind of logging, so you can see
the mail flow from the server's prospective?

> P.S: I use a simple MIME header and an attachment with 2Kb in the mail.

That is in the mail input so after your delay. I do this type of payload
myself for file attachments but I also have multipart/alternative sub
messages for html as well ;-)

Kind Regards

Steve