Re: Please advise on how to improve libcurl HTTP GET performance

From: Alex <Alexxxx89_at_ya.ru>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2011 21:52:08 +0400

12.10.2011, 09:37, "Vladimir Grishchenko" <vladgri_at_hotmail.com>:
> It is a long shot, but did you check if libcurl's own download speed value matches your calculations? See curl_easy_getinfo()/CURLINFO_SPEED_DOWNLOAD.

Did check that. Thanks for pointing me to a very useful function!
For most pages my calculation yields the same result as CURLINFO_SPEED_DOWNLOAD gives me (30-150 KB/s on not-so-huge pages), but there is discrepancy with http://www.math.utah.edu/~pa/math/largeprime.html: I calculate 4 KB/s (yes, I can't seem to get 40 KB/s like I had before, no matter how I compile libcurl), whereas CURLINFO_SPEED_DOWNLOAD shows 35 KB/s.