Re: Real-time data transfer: curl_easy_pause?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2011 13:15:30 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 28 Sep 2011, Julien wrote:

> I need to send some data over FTP or HTTP using libcurl. The thing is that
> this data is from a live source and I would like to send it as it becomes
> available (i.e. not wait until it is fully available to begin sending it).

If you do it for FTP, make sure SIZE won't return any size for the file.

In general, libcurl won't care for how fast or slow you actually send the
file. Once the transfer has started, libcurl will just sit waiting for more
data. If you send data slowly, then libcurl will receive it slowly.

> I looked on CURL_WRITEFUNC_PAUSE and curl_easy_pause but I am not sure how
> to use these features for my use case.

I don't think you should use that feature at all. Just let the transfer be
slow.