Re: examples compiler warnings

From: John P. Hartmann <jphartmann_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2011 12:51:35 +0100

Well, that would "fix" the diagnostic, but I wonder how gcc might
react to a conditional format. However, if I were to look at such a
doctored sample as a sample of doing a particular library function,
this macro would get in the way and might make me conclude that this
library isn't quite what I am looking for.

If the difference between the compilers is that much, I'd vote for
separate unix and windows samples. Presumably the windows folks want
the stuff in visual studio anyhow. And there are even some Linux folks
who swear by eclipse.

Why not ask for some sample zars put themselves forward?

It might even be possible to have a generic set of samples from which
one can mechanically generate samples that cope with the
idiosyncrasies of the various platforms. (E.g., generate the
appropriate %l or %d from %zd.)