Re: examples compiler warnings

From: Guenter <lists_at_gknw.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2011 22:36:25 +0200

Am 22.09.2011 22:11, schrieb Yang Tse:
> 2011/9/22 Daniel Stenberg wrote:
>
>> There's just no easy and good-looking way to do this. Internally in libcurl
>> we've solved this by having our own portable *printf() but in the examples
>> we better not do it that way...
>
> Why not use curlx.h and associated *.c files as source code? It is
> documented this can be used in this way. Or are there other reasons
> I'm missing now?
hmm, that would make building a sample more complicated; as its just now
you can easily build them from commandline without need for a makefile;
with your suggestion this would be a torture (-I../../lib, more than one
file to compile, etc.).
What speaks against having a proper format define in curlbuild.h?
configure could easily detect sizeof(size_t) and set the format define
correctly, or?

Gün.