how to limit maximum sockets libcurl uses

From: Yamin Zhou <yamin_at_mavenir.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2011 11:34:55 +0000

Hi,

I'm using libcurl 7.20.1 in my http client application. This application normally processes 1000 transfer requests per second.

In libcurl, I set CURLMOPT_MAXCONNECTS as 20 in the multi handle. When the server is unreachable, libcurl of course can't establish any connection, but for each easy handle added into the multi handle, a new socket is created. Is there a way to limit how many socket libcurl uses to try to connect?

thanks,
yamin