Failed Writing Body

From: Mark Schienbein <mark_at_jurysystems.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 09:51:07 -0700

When running may custom program that calls CurLlib, I receive a
Status 23 (write error) with the following: "Failed Writing Body (749 != 1360) message when attempting to FTP a text file through an HTTP 1.1 proxy (with tunnel).

I am able to successfully transfer the file using the CURL command line tool using the following settings:

url="ftp.xxxxx.com"
upload-file="build.txt"
user="uuuser:pppasswd"
proxy="http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:81

From my program I am able to successfully FTP a file to the same target server from a site that does not use the proxy (so there is no issue with access rights on the target server).

So the issue seems to be when I enable the http proxy from within my program. I am setting the following options:

CRLOPT_PROXY
CRLOPT_PROXYTYPE (http1.1)
CRLOPT_PROXYPORT
CRLOPT_PROXYTTUNNEL

I have also tried adding the CRLOPT_PROXY_TRANSFER_MODE setting but get the same results.

Clearly I am missing some option setting that the CURL command line utility must automatically make.

Any help would be greatly appreicated.