Re: Countdown started

From: Yang Tse <yangsita_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2011 17:37:53 +0200

2011/9/12 Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> wrote:

> In roughly 24 hours I'll package 7.22.0.
>
> Stay clear or be careful when doing the final commits.

Two issues...

Dan's comment http://curl.haxx.se/mail/lib-2011-08/0334.html triggered
my reply http://curl.haxx.se/mail/lib-2011-08/0360.html

And the question remains... Shouldn't configure option for this NTLM
authentication delegation to winbind using auth_ntlm helper default
setting be changed to 'disabled' contrary to current setting which is
'enabled' before release?

Second issue, a bit more troublesome...

autoconf 2.67 and 2.68 have very serious problems with macros AS_TR_*.
We have now avoided direct usage of these in our autoconf source files
which generate configure script. But autoconf's and libtool usage of
its own AS_TR_* macros will generate 'funny' configure scripts. I
would love to forbid usage of 2.67 and 2.68 in our buildconf script.

autoconf 2.65 also had some minor issue, but I don't remember it
influencing our generated configure script as badly as 2.67 and 2.68.
Version 2.64 is pretty sane for our purposes. And I can not say
anything good or bad about 2.69 given that I have not tested it, but I
know it fixes the AS_TR_* problems of 2.67 and 2.68

As a matter of fact there are curl autobuilds with 2.68 that exhibit
funny configure results.

PS: I thought release date was 09-16

--
-=[Yang]=-