RE: libcurl failures at a multi-threading application

From: Yamin Zhou <yamin_at_mavenir.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2011 20:28:14 +0000

> > So what might causes the curl failures in single application mode?
>
> If you're using a recent libcurl I'm not aware of any such flaws or
> limitations.
I'm using 7.20.0.

> I trust you're doing curl_global_init() before all threads start and if you're
> using HTTPS you use the SSL library's mutex callbacks.
curl_global_init() gets called before starting worker threads.
though curl here only deals with HTTP POST requests, below SSL related options are set in code.
    curl_easy_setopt(m_curl, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, 0);
    curl_easy_setopt(m_curl, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYHOST, 1);
    curl_easy_setopt(m_curl, CURLOPT_SSLENGINE_DEFAULT, 1);
But besides curl worker threads, there are some other threads using SSL, and in those threads curl_easy_escape, only this curl API, is called. Problem in there?