Re: "Timeout was reached" error

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2011 16:33:48 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 19 Aug 2011, amit paliwal wrote:

> In this case what will be the solution? I need to do initial step manually
> because of some requirements and then I want CURL to takeover and do HTTP
> POST send and HTTP OK receive for me. I wana connect to server and then I
> want Curl to send and receive HTTP on same socket.

I can only think of one working approach. I trust you notice that your
requirements are a bit unusual so the solution has to be rather un-libcurlish.

Create the socket yourself, connect to the server yourself, do your magic on
the socket and then when you create the libcurl easy handle you set the
CURLOPT_OPENSOCKETFUNCTION and CURLOPT_SOCKOPTFUNCTION options to hand over
the socket and tell libcurl it already is connected.

Of course, a fun trick would be to do the first part with libcurl using
CONNECT_ONLY and then before closing that easy handle, you pass that socket on
to a second easy handle using the above mentioned options.