Failed connect; Operation now in progress

From: Alexey Simak <alexeysimak_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 17:43:07 +0300

Hi Daniel,

We are using libcurl 7.19.6 and observed a weird case on linux.
When we tried to connect to an inaccessible host the next libcurl
message was logged (in about 9 seconds after start of connecting):

"Failed connect to 10.21.0.56:8080; Operation now in progress"

From libcurl sources we see that this message can be logged only
from Curl_is_connected() in connect.c. Looks like verifyconnect()
does not treat EINPROGRESS properly.

Is there a problem in verifyconnect() from your point of view?

Thanks,
Alexey Simak