Re:Re:Re:Re: git clone over https failure while using socks proxy.

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2011 22:09:54 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 8 Aug 2011, jelly wrote:

>> Can you set a break-point in lib/url.c:detect_proxy() and see that it finds
>> the https proxy environment variable there?

> How to debug it?There is a long time from the last time that i used gdb. It
> seems break point did not take any effect.

I'm not sure what fun tricks cygwin and libtool play on you, but I personally
tend to build curl staticially to ease debugging:

$ ./configure --disable-shared --enable-debug --enable-maintainer-mode [...]

Then 'src/curl' is built with a static libcurl and there's no funny gdb
problems or anything. But then all my (lib)curl development is done on
Linux...