Re: compilation in windows

From: Vincent Torri <vincent.torri_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 07:09:32 +0200

On Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 2:50 AM, Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 02:09:51AM +0200, Vincent Torri wrote:
> > they have their use of libcurl. I'm porting to windows a set of libs. In
> one of
> > these libs, there are 2 ways to do async download: fork or c-ares. As
> there is
> > no fork on windows, i have to use c-ares. As I'm not the maintainer of
> these
> > libs, I have no choice.
>
> Note that libcurl has supported async resolves on Windows for a long time,
> using
> neither of those two ways. Is there really no way for the libs you're
> porting to
> use this mechanism provided by libcurl?

I don't know much about all that stuff, but If i'm not mistaken, there is
threads support that has been added (--enable-threaded resolver option of
configure). Is it that one ? If so, I can ask if it is possible to use it.
The less dependencies there are, the better it is for me.

Note that in docs/FEATURES, it is mentioning that async name resolving can
be done with c-ares, so maybe that file should be updated if there are other
ways to do it.

regards

Vincent Torri