Re: compilation in windows

From: Vincent Torri <vincent.torri_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 02:09:51 +0200

On Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 1:18 AM, Guenter <lists_at_gknw.net> wrote:

> Hi Vincent,
> Am 24.07.2011 23:53, schrieb Vincent Torri:
>
>> Just some notes about your build, and why I don't use it :
>>
>> * it's a matter of taste, but I prefer using GnuTLS instead of openssl
>>
> as you say: a matter of taste, and for me a matter of more trouble to
> build; if I would create a libcurl GnuTLS devel package I would most likely
> build it all on Linux and ship the DLLs which come with my cross compiler.
>
>> * the .pc file is not correctly located. it should be in lib/pkgconfig
>>
> true, I should change this.

note that I already told you that 2 or 3 years ago.

> * your build is not using c-ares support (it's the main point wrt my
>> use of libcurl)
>>
> well, in June I had 7166 DL of the devel packages, and 8742 DL of the curl
> static linked packages; this month 6488 DL devel packages and 7674 DL curl
> static linked packages; so the others seem happy with it ... :-)

they have their use of libcurl. I'm porting to windows a set of libs. In one
of these libs, there are 2 ways to do async download: fork or c-ares. As
there is no fork on windows, i have to use c-ares. As I'm not the maintainer
of these libs, I have no choice. So i just have a specific use of libcurl
that your several thousands of users do not have (and i honestly do not care
of them). Fwiw, i'm creating mingw packages for libcurl and its
dependencies, that can be installed with mingw-get.

regards

Vincent Torri