compilation in windows

From: Peter <one2001boy_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2011 13:03:51 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

I tried to get curl-library to compile in windows with ssl using visual studio.

I tried the following ssl supported package for running applications using visual studio.

Win32 - MSVC

MSVC 7.19.3 devel
Frederic Elbin
4.04 MB

I read the examples and makefile.  they all use gcc in windows.

I decide to give a try without using any makefile.

I can compile an example using cl and the lib file libcurl_imp.lib under extracted root directory.
It failed in running with error "libsasl.dll was missed". I also  tried lib/Release/curllib.lib, the same
error will be generated in running  the compiled code.  lib/release/curlib_static.lib will cause the compilation
error: " http-post.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__curl_easy_clean
up referenced in function _main"

Any suggestion to get it work in visual studio is appreciated.

Peter