Re: [windows build fix?] Binding to wrong MS CRT when building MS VC++

From: Pierre Joye <pierre.php_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 15:18:31 +0200

hi,

Actually I do not think it is a good idea to use this flag. It does
not make the bins work against (any) crt version but only again the
version used at compile time. That makes very hard to provide
development files or binaries usable by 3rd party project.

The only case where this flag could be useful is when one installs the
required CRT alongside his application. Something I would not
recommend to do, generally speaking.

Cheers,

On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 3:48 PM, Josue Andrade Gomes
<josue.gomes.honeypot_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 5:42 PM, Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, 25 May 2011, Josue Andrade Gomes wrote:
>>
>> (Top-posts make mails messed up.)
>>
>>> This is a known issue with VS 2008 SP1.
>>>
>>> The workaround is indeed define _BIND_TO_CURRENT_VCLIBS_VERSION to 1
>>
>> So can someone of you please provide a patch? I don't build on Windows so
>> it seems I am far from the proper person to do this change.
>>

> I hope these do the job.

Pierre