RE: Patch Submission Agaisnt 7.21.7: Socket options for connection timeouts

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2011 23:59:34 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 18 Jul 2011, David Chappelle wrote:

> So I think the patch seems to have some general validity since it looks like
> lib curl internally switches between blocking and non-blocking at certain
> points.

Oh right, that's true indeed. Some parts of the code are not yet done the
right way and are still performing their duties in blocking manner.

Enabling socket-level timeouts is however only a half fix: it will make the
code honor timeouts, but it will still block the thread in a way it shouldn't.

I'm not convinced adding timeouts all over to try to "paint over" the problem
is a good idea.

Can you elaborate on what exact problem you're having/seeing/experiencing that
you want to fix this this patch?