autobuild notes

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 22:01:03 -0700

Some of the autobuilds I run have problems of some sort. Some are issues
with libraries, some with the environment, but they're all legitimate
problems that I don't necessarily want to hide (e.g. by disabling certain
tests) because then it won't be clear when they're solved. But other
people checking the autobuilds for regression errors don't necessarily
know that I've already investigated those issues and can waste time
investigation whether or not the problem was introduced upstream.

What I propose is to add another variable to the setup file called notes=
where the autobuild submitter can add a couple lines of text to give
additional information about the build beyond the desc= line. I envision
things like "mondocc has no way of disabling warning W9876", or "link failure
began with libtool 2.2.6b", or "test case 777 fails due to libssh2 bug
#9876543". This would show up near the description at the beginning of
the autobuild log.

Would anyone find this useful if it were added?

>>> Dan