Re: How to fall back to ask for a password when NTLM single-sign-on failed

From: Wu, Mandy <mandy.wu_at_intel.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 14:54:41 +0800

On Tue, 2011-06-21 at 13:56 +0800, Dan Fandrich wrote:
> libcurl doesn't do automatic fallback for any other authentication protocols.
How libcurl handle such situation for Kerberos, which is another way to
implement single-sign-on?
> It's up to the application to retry the request with an alternate protocol
> if the first one fails. if NTLM SSO is treated as a new auth protocol within
> libcurl, then this technique can still be used.
I don't think NTLM SSO is a new auth protocal, it just delegate NTLM
challenage/response protocal to a helper, which "knows" login user's
credential so that user does not need input password.

Thanks,
Mandy