How to find if the network is down when the transfer is in paused state.

From: Kaviyarasan <kaviyars_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2011 11:29:25 +0530

Hi,

    To determine if the network is down, I'm using the
options CURLOPT_LOW_SPEED_LIMIT,
CURLOPT_LOW_SPEED_TIME and CURL_TIMEOUT in curl_easy_setopt function.
 Then, I call curl_easy_pause function to pause the transfer.
Because of the above options that I have set, it closes the connection in
 paused state.
 So, Is there any other way to find if the network is down when the transfer
is in paused state? or
Can I reset the value of the above options in paused state?

Thanks
    Kavi