Re: Questions about timeout during transfer

From: Saqib Ali <saqib.ali.75_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2011 14:18:28 -0400

> I set my low-speed limit to 1 byte/sec. And I set the low-speed time to 1
>> second.
>>

> Those are rather extreme values that might not get the effect you want.

Yes. That was a typo. My apologies.
I actually set my low-speed limit to 1 byte/sec. And the low speed time to 1
minute (not 1 second!)

> Even though I set the low-speed-time to 60 seconds, It waits 68 seconds
>> before timing out.
>>

> It probably took 8 seconds first to reach the low level, as it will use a
> moving average.

Ok. Thanks for the explanation. You may wish to update this URL:
http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/c/curl_easy_setopt.html#CURLOPTLOWSPEEDTIME.
They indicate that the timeout will occur when the transmission falls below
a certain speed for a fixed amount of time. That is technically inaccurate.
It might be good to mention the averaging.