Re: Windows build: CURLE_PARTIAL_FILE issues transferring large files via SFTP with LibSSH2 1.2.8.

From: Patrik Thunström <patrik.thunstrom_at_bassetglobal.com>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 10:14:01 +0200

Daniel Stenberg skrev 2011-05-23 20:09:
> The downside of my rewrite of the libssh2 SFTP code is that I
> introduced a bug that we've only got reports for on Windows
> (http://trac.libssh2.org/ticket/205) and nobody has been able to track
> it down and fix it properly. I don't use windows myself for
> development and debugging and despite my efforts I haven't managed to
> repeat this on Linux.
>
> What possibly speaks against that your experienced problem is the
> exact same as this libssh2 issue #205 is the fact that you only got a
> libcurl CURLE_PARTIAL_FILE error and not something identifying a
> libssh2/SFTP problem which I otherwise would've thought you'd get if
> you got the #205 error.
>
> In order to track this down, it will help if you can write a "pure"
> libssh2 program that repeats the problem at least with some level of
> certainty or compare your code with the code posted in #205 to see if
> they might be the same. Then work with us on the libssh2 list to debug
> it...

I will see what I can manage to put together. A small warning before I
start is that it will probably take a while, as I'm currently only
familiar with libssh2 through cURL, so I've got some things to get a
grasp of before I think I'll be able to write up such a case.

I will try to have a look at track issue #205 as a starting point, and
see if it's related or if I otherwise might provide a bit of feedback to
that issue.

(Now bringing libssh2 related discussion to the libssh2 mailing list,
once I have anything to say or any better info to provide)

On the curl side of things, in the mean time, we can always hope that
someone else chimes in with experiences of libcurl 7.21.6 and libssh2
1.2.8 on the windows platform.

Best regards
Patrik Thunström / patrik.thunstrom_at_bassetglobal.com