Re: use libcurl source files directly rather than link with library

From: Jeremy Hughes <jeremy_at_softpress.com>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2011 16:28:32 +0100

Daniel Stenberg (17/5/11, 16:08) said:

>> Now the version was reported as 7.21.6. However, my program (by #include
>> <curl/curl.h>) still appeared to be using the old curl.h here:
>>
>> /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk/usr/include/curl
>
>This is unfortunately not of our fault and is entirely the choice of your
>OS/software development kit vendor.

What I do on Mac OS X is to include curl.h as a user include (not a
system include):

#include "curl/curl.h"

I also rename the library (libcurl.a -> libscurl.a) so that I can link
to it statically. If you don't rename it, the system will choose the
system version in preference to your static version.

Jeremy