RE: problems using negotiate with sspi in 7.21.6

From: Patrick Monnerat <Patrick.Monnerat_at_datasphere.ch>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 20:47:14 +0200

Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> Hm, is this "try next method" unique for Kerberos/Negotiate? Are there
other methods that we can expect to be able to fail "early" like that?

I would not like the generalization: the mail client "evolution" does so
and this causes a big problem:

_ Periodically, W$ domain requests you to change your password.
_ The next time you start evolution (configured to identify in the M$
domain), it tries every possible method with the old password, before
resigning, resulting in locking your account by having too many attempts
with a wrong password :-((

Patrick