Re: Why so much difference in connect_time and pretranser_time

From: Dirk Manske <dm_at_nonitor.de>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 06:26:22 +0200

On Wednesday 11 May 2011 06:13:31 Murugaprabu Marimuthu wrote:
> I have a curl log of a https request to a server at http://pastebin.ca/2056556. Can some one explain why there is so much difference in connect_time and pretransfer_time. What's happening in curl during the huge time difference in connect_time and pretransfer_time ?

That's the ssl-handshake:

"CURLINFO_APPCONNECT_TIME
Pass a pointer to a double to receive the time, in seconds, it took from the start until the SSL/SSH connect/handshake to the remote host was completed. This time is most often very near to the PRETRANSFER time, except for cases such as HTTP pippelining where the pretransfer time can be delayed due to waits in line for the pipeline and more. (Added in 7.19.0)"