Re: libcurl-sftp: upload multiple files

From: Michael Wood <esiotrot_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 09:11:59 +0200

On 26 April 2011 02:30, aiooua <aiooua_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> hello,
> I'm uploading a big bunch of files to an sftp server using libcurl. Can
> someone point me to a sample or general guideline on how multiple FTP
> uploads can be performed for a single sftp login? Essentially, I'm hoping to
> improve performance by saving on the time taken to authenticate the client
> and batch multiple uploads per authentication.
> thanks a lot for your time in advance.

It's not clear whether you're talking about FTP over SSL or sftp (the
protocol for transferring files over SSH that has a command line
client similar to an FTP client.)

Either way, I don't think there's a way to have one control connection
with FTP and multiple data connections. With sftp maybe "master mode"
will do what you want. But I suspect you are talking about FTP and
not sftp.

--
Michael Wood <esiotrot_at_gmail.com>