Re: missing version info in curl_config.h

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2011 13:01:19 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 23 Apr 2011, Guenter wrote:

> #define PACKAGE_NAME "curl"
> #define PACKAGE_STRING "curl -"
> #define PACKAGE_TARNAME "curl"
> #define PACKAGE_VERSION "-"
> #define VERSION "-"
>
> is the version string no longer supposed to be mentioned in curl_config.h
> with Git builds? (I believe I did recently read a post about version stuff,
> but cant find atm ..)

All these defines are default generated by autoconf/configure but we don't use
them for anything within our build (if there was an easy way to exclude them
from the generated config file I would have used that, but I'm not aware of
any).

We (should) use the defines we control ourselves in the include/curl/* tree,
as those version defines are well defined and we document our guarantees as
how they are created and what they contain.