ANNOUNCE: curl and libcurl 7.21.6

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2011 19:30:34 +0200 (CEST)

Hi friends!

Due to the significant bug with the broken HTTPS over HTTP proxy, I've
packaged a new release and uploaded it to the site. Get it as usual from

         http://curl.haxx.se/

Since this release comes just a few days after the previous release, we of
course have not done many changes but I'm still listing them below.

Curl and libcurl 7.21.6

  Public curl releases: 122
  Command line options: 144
  curl_easy_setopt() options: 186
  Public functions in libcurl: 58
  Known libcurl bindings: 39
  Contributors: 865

This release includes the following changes:

  o Added --tr-encoding and CURLOPT_TRANSFER_ENCODING

This release includes the following bugfixes:

  o curl-config: fix --version
  o curl_easy_setopt.3: CURLOPT_PROXYTYPE clarification
  o use HTTPS properly after CONNECT
  o SFTP: close file before post quote operations

This release includes the following known bugs:

  o see docs/KNOWN_BUGS (http://curl.haxx.se/docs/knownbugs.html)

This release would not have looked like this without help, code, reports and
advice from friends like these:

  Patrick Monnerat, Dan Fandrich, Gisle Vanem, Guenter Knauf,
  Rajesh Naganathan, Josue Andrade Gomes, Ryan Schmidt, Fabian Keil,
  Julien Chaffraix

         Thanks! (and sorry if I forgot to mention someone)