Re: IDN support using native win32 APIs

From: Guenter <lists_at_gknw.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 04:14:55 +0200

Am 21.04.2011 03:17, schrieb Guenter:
> Am 19.04.2011 23:00, schrieb Dan Fandrich:
>> Here are some fun ones: http://%e2%98%ba.com, http://%ce%a9.com even
>> http://www.g%c3%bcnther.de
> thanks a bunch Dan! :-)
> As usual testing these on Linux with an IDN-aware curl did work fine
> (and even a C&P on Win32 from my mailer and insert in PuTTY worked and
> gave me the correct unicode!), but on Windows testing this seems not as
> simple :-(
> 1st I had to mess around with getting a cmd.exe with unicode support,
> but after some googling I think I've managed this, and on WXP a batch
> containing this seems to do the trick:
> @%ComSpec% /f:on /d /u /k "chcp 65001 && title UTF-8 Console"
> at least I could then also C&P to this console, and when setting the
> font to unicode-aware Lucida-Console then your samples display
> correctly; but sadly to say neither curl with libidn nor the idn.exe
> from libidn work correctly ...
> and my curl MinGW build with native IDN just seems to do nothing (looks
> like a silent crash) .....
> so seems I have to do some further testing on that, write a test sample
> which tests the APIs standalone, and then check if that works with MinGW
> at all, or at least when compiled with MSVC ...
> and perhaps also do a test on a Windows7 box ...
>
> if anybody else has some hints, gets something working, or can confirm
> that a curl build with either libidn, or native idn works, please speak up!
oh well, somehow seems that the WXP unicode console (chcp 65001) is
broken, f.e.:
curl http://www.columbia.edu/kermit/utf8.html
gives me:
fcurl: (23) Failed writing body (1217 != 1269)

while with my standard codepage (cp850) and also with cp1250 the same
command finishes .... ?!!

confused ...

this was tested with a MinGW build with + without libidn ...

Gün.