Re: Hung Connection

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 20:09:28 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 28 Mar 2011, MigueL DíaZ wrote:

> Last friday I ran into network issues for a couple of minutes and one of my
> many processes was hung with the following backtrace:

Always that same backtrace? It is clearly in the SSL connection function.
Checking the almost 6000 changes done since your dinosaur-aged libcurl
(7.15.5) was released, I could see 5-6 timeout mentions in lib/ssluse.c
commits alone.

Perhaps one of those fixed this problem.

> I know its an old system/release, and I don't expect much, however, knowing
> if this issue sounds familiar to you or that you know you could have
> possibly fixed it in a future release would really help me out in asking for
> an update in that server.

Well, you could try running your app with a local build of a modern version
first and see how that works.