Re: building libcurl with SSL on AIX53/61

From: Ben Noordhuis <info_at_bnoordhuis.nl>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 18:09:11 +0100

On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 17:42, Alona Rossen <arossen_at_opentext.com> wrote:
> Symbols are not exported when I link libcurl statically to OpenSSL libraries
> (OpenSSL 0.9.8e and OpenSSL 1.0.0d) on AIX53 and AIX61
>
> exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program ./a.out because of the following
> errors:
>
> rtld: 0712-001 Symbol CRYPTO_num_locks was referenced
>
>       from module /home/PreTest/App/libLib1.so(), but a runtime definition
>       of the symbol was not found.
>
> rtld: 0712-001 Symbol CRYPTO_malloc was referenced
>
>       from module /home/PreTest/App/libLib1.so(), but a runtime definition
>       of the symbol was not found.
>
> rtld: 0712-001 Symbol CRYPTO_set_locking_callback was referenced
>
>       from module /home/PreTest/App/libLib1.so(), but a runtime definition
>       of the symbol was not found.
>
> Dynamically linking libcurl to OpenSSL libs on AIX does not create a usable
> library either.
>
> Can please someone share experience on how to build OpenSSL and libcurl on
> AIX.

Alona, what are you using to build libcurl: xlc or gcc? What ABI are
you targeting and what does the configure / build log look like?

It's been a while since I last built anything on AIX but I remember
that unless you take care, gcc sometimes outputs object files that are
incompatible with the native toolchain[1].

[1] http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/aix/library/au-gnu.html#N101DB