Re: Connecting using client certificates

From: plot.lost <plot.lost_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 22:38:23 +0400

On 21/03/2011 21:49, Ben Noordhuis wrote:
> Ah, it kind of depends. But if you can use PKCS12...
>
>> I've tried building a pkcs12 file that contains the client certificate and
>> the relevant CA/Root certificates, and then converted that back into a
>> single PEM file. That gets a PEM file that is different to the usual method
>> of just sticking the certificates together - there are additional elements
>> before each certificate (Bag Attributes, subject and issuer) but that is
>> also rejected by the server.
> ...then it's probably easiest to use that. Here is what you do:
>
> 1. Set CURLOPT_SSLCERT to the filename of the .p12
> 2. Set CURLOPT_SSLCERTTYPE to the string "P12"
>
> That should be all, libcurl will set up the CA chain for you.
Unfortunately that has not worked for me either, still getting the same
error (error:14094438:SSL routines:SSL3_READ_BYTES:tlsv1 alert internal
error) each time.

I've tried using PEM and PKCS12 versions of the certificate file using 3
variations of each (1=Client, 2=Client+CA, 3=Client+CA+Root)

I've tried disabling the verification of the server certificates
(CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER and CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYHOST) just to see if that
made any difference, no luck with that either. Think I'm running out of
SSL related options to try!

Starting to think that I'm just not going to get this working...