Re: http/https POST performance degradation in libcurl-7.21.0

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 11:36:04 -0800

On Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 02:14:19PM -0500, Alona Rossen wrote:
> We observed a greater that 2-fold performance degradation for HTTP/HTTPS POST
> in libcurl-7.21.0 in comparison with libcurl-7.16.

What platform? What server? What HTTP version is being used? What authentication
method? Can you provide a time-stamped trace? What is the size of
the POST? You need to provide a lot more information before you can
reasonably expect help with this issue.

> Please advise if this is a known issue.

I count 5588 git commits since version 7.16.0. You're free to check them.

>>> Dan