Re: detection of new connection

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 09:30:57 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 9 Mar 2011, Pankaj Takawale wrote:

> Im polling a http server using libcurl. When server terminates connection,
> curl_easy_perform() internally re-connects to server.

The connection is only reconnected if the connection is terminated after
libcurl sent its request and no data has been received from the server. This
is typically because of a race when the server has determined that the
connection has been idle long enough and closes it at about the same time
libcurl tries to use it.

> Is it possible to detect this scenario?

Not directly, no, but I figure you can use OPENSOCKETFUNCTION or similar as an
indirect indication.