Re: Immediately Stopping Ongoing Transfers

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2011 11:29:13 -0800

On Tue, Mar 08, 2011 at 02:10:29PM -0500, Saqib Ali wrote:
> I'm interested in interrupting and immediately stopping all ongoing uploads
> being done through the multi-interface.
>
> In this post back in 2002 http://curl.haxx.se/mail/archive-2002-12/0056.html,
> Daniel said that there is no way to immediately do this other than to use a
> callback function (such as the progress callback function.). Is that still the
> case?

That post referred to the easy interface, not the multi interface. The state
with the easy interface is the same, but a transfer can be stopped immediately
using the multi interface by removing the handle from the multi stack. See
http://curl.haxx.se/docs/faq.html#How_do_I_stop_an_ongoing_transfe

>>> Dan