Re: Stall when uploading to sftp using multi interface

From: Henry Ludemann <misc_at_hl.id.au>
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2011 15:29:44 +0800

Henry Ludemann wrote:
> Daniel Stenberg wrote:
>> ... Then we could possibly
>> turn the code into a proper test case to make sure future libcurls won't
>> break again in this aspect!
>
> ... I'll investigate the test framework with a view to
> integrating it there.

I've create a test case in the curl framework as
tests/libtests/lib582.c that exhibits the problem, though I've marked
the test as DISABLED (as it's currently failing). You can pull it from
https://github.com/asdf1011/curl/tree/sftp_unit_test.

Most of my development at the moment is under Solaris, but ssh tests
are being skipped on this platform (due to
http://curl.haxx.se/mail/lib-2008-06/0188.html). That said, this test
case fails under linux as well.

Note that it only seems to fail when using curl_multi_socket_action.
If using curl_multi_perform it seems to run ok (you can make the test
occasionally pass using curl_multi_socket_action if you pass in 0 as
the evBitMask, forcing curl to recalculate the socket state).