Re: libcurl + polarSSL + lwip on embedded system

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2011 22:35:37 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 1 Mar 2011, Prashant R wrote:

> lwip should be oblivious to SSL per my understanding .

Sure, but it's not that hard to imagine that the SSL library uses the socket
functions in a specific way that is quite different than what libcurl does
when doing plain HTTP.

I would recommend that you setup the simplest possible HTTPS server to work
against, and then start debugging and communicate with the lwip team for some
assistance and feedback.

You could even build a matching libcurl + PolarSSL setup on a normala linux
machine next to your target to see how a "normal" host works and acts when
running against the same server on the same network.

I'm afraid I don't see what we can do to help or how libcurl is actually to
blame for any of this, or even how libcurl could be modified to make such
debugging adventures easier...