RE: libcurl + polarSSL + lwip on embedded system

From: Gary Maxwell <gmaxwell_at_broadsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2011 15:32:53 -0800

From: Prashant R
Sent: Tuesday, March 01, 2011 3:14 PM
Subject: libcurl + polarSSL + lwip on embedded system

> I am using a setup with libcurl and the ip stack as lwip . I have directed
> libcurl to use polarSSL for doing SSL .

> I find that as part of the handshake process , lwip read ( lwip_recvfrom)
> fails immediately after sending the client request .
> Additionally I find that the situation sometimes improves if I add an
> explicit delay before doing the read operation.
> I have made the appropriate changes to redirect my socket calls to lwip_socket
> calls . Additionally my http gateway seems to work fine ( I am able to do
> normal http transfers via libcurl) .

> Any ideas on why this might be failing ?

A few years ago, my group struggled to get libcurl + axTLS over an old version of
lwip to work. All of the issues had to do with lwip properly supporting secure
TCP/IP connections.

I would suggest comparing your version of lwip to the latest one available, and
check their mailing list for similar issues as yours. If you find a resolution,
please let us know here so the solution gets archived in the mailing list!

Cheers,
Gary @ Broadsoft