Re: Curl Library asking for key authentication when it shouldn't?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 09:02:43 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 18 Feb 2011, Saqib Ali wrote:

> I was sending a file via SCP. I (wrongly) assumed that by default, it would
> put it into the remote user's home directory -- just like SCP does from the
> command line if you don't specify a target path. Turns out I needed to
> explicitly give the entire path.

The openssh tool scp works with paths, while libcurl works with URLs. You just
need to provide a proper SCP URL that points out the file correctly... The URL
syntax for SCP requires you to explicitly specify the home directory if you
want that, or else it'll assume you refer to an "absolute" directory.