Re: Which timeout expired? CURLOPT_TIMEOUT or CURLOPT_CONNECTTIMEOUT?

From: Mykyta Dorokhin <kit-d_at_ukr.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 15:51:48 +0200
('binary' encoding is not supported, stored as-is) ('binary' encoding is not supported, stored as-is) >I don't see the problem. Both operations, GET and POST, can run

>out of time.
>Or do also want to differentiate between time-out while sending
>the POST and receiving the answer of the server?

   In my application I have a set of parameters to configure the
   timeouts.
   For instance, for 30 sec for connect timeout and 45 second for whole
   request timeout in resulting event log I would see messages like:
   Message failed. 30 sec timeout occurred.
   Message failed. 45 sec timeout occurred.

   The end user asks why there are different timeouts and It is difficult
   to explain that in some cases connect timeout occurred and request
   timeout in other.
   It would be great if I could have:

   Message failed. Connect timeout (30 sec).
   Message failed. Request timeout (45 sec).

   Do you agree?
   I think this is more user-friendly.