bugs with GnuTLS (was Re: SSL libs compared page)

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 09:05:23 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 14 Feb 2011, Dima Tisnek wrote:

> About a year ago, I tried python/pycurl/libcurl/guntls combination, as it
> was/is default on debian. It didn't work due to one of: pem certificate
> format, client certificates, ca chain and server certificate validation, CN
> and subjAltNames. I checked again recently (libcurl/7.21.2 GnuTLS/2.4.2)
> pycurl still doesn't work.

That sounds like a bug somewhere.

I don't think this is that much related to the library comparisons though, as
all libs are likely to have bugs every now and then and libcurl is even to
feature different bugs with different libs. (Hence I changed the mail
subject.)

> Command line curl doesn't seem to get a PEM certificate budnle with --cacert
> option.

If so, that's a bug. Can you repeat it and show us?