Re: curl timeout is not accurate

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2011 23:03:36 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 8 Feb 2011, Mykyta Dorokhin wrote:

> So, even though it claims that the request timed out after 45000
> milliseconds but in fact it took 47.5 seconds.
> How could it be?

Probably due to some mistake.

> The same behavior observed with the latest 7.21.3 version.

Exactly the same? We did go through and fix a bunch of timeout related fixes
so it seems likely that at least something changed...

In your log it seems the name resolve + connect phase is what gets added to
the timeout time. Can you try to figure out if that is so? And please use only
7.21.3 while doing any tests to remove the risk of you seeing problems in
older versions.