RE: curl with c-ares returns "(Could not contact DNS servers)"

From: David Cook <kayoux_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2011 21:22:02 +0000

Dan,

Ok I looked into the c-ares library and could not find the 3 tests you are talking about. I noticed that there are several tests in curl-x/tests/data. Which ones are you referring to?

I can resolve names without c-ares. I can ping any domain names. Within curl, it also worked without c-ares using the realtek name resolution library. It's just not stable with the realtek library. Curl crashes and stay stuck often when resolving names. That's why I want to try c-ares.

Thanks a lot for your feedback. Would you have any other comments?

I'm trying to find the source of the problem in the meantime by going through the code.

David