Re: libcurl multi interface interleave GET and POST calls

From: Dirk Manske <dm_at_nonitor.de>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2011 11:35:51 +0100

On Tuesday 01 February 2011 01:17:59 Andrei Ionescu wrote:
> My question here may be a very basic HTTP/libcurl
> question but here is my situation:
> - the client connects to the server and it can send data to it by issuing a POST
> - the server will send data to the client in a POST
What?
The server cannot do a post to the client, unless you include
a http-client in the server and a http-server in the client.
I guess you mean s.t. different.

> , but only if the
> client performed a GET to the server (if no data is available then it
> will not respond immediately)
And what is the trigger for the GET request?

> Can I use a single handle and pass it to libcurl's multi interface to
> do all the above?
If your client makes the GET and POST operations in serial (send one request
and wait for answer before sending next request), then you don't need multi
interface.

Greetings,
Dirk.