Missing CURLOPT_SSL_CTX_FUNCTION?

From: Mike Brennan <psuadm_at_pittstate.edu>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 15:20:15 -0600 (CST)

Hi,

Where is CURLOPT_SSL_CTX_FUNCTION defined?

I'm trying to build a package that uses the curl library (xmltooling).
So I downloaded and built curl-7.21.3. I built it to use openssl
(0.9.8p). All of curl's tests successfully completed at the end
of the build.

But xmltooling's configure script says:

  checking for CURLOPT_SSL_CTX_FUNCTION in curl.h...
  configure: error: need libcurl that supports CURLOPT_SSL_CTX_FUNCTION

And indeed, neither curl.h nor the other curl include files defines
CURLOPT_SSL_CTX_FUNCTION. The only reference to it is in
typecheck-gcc.h: if ((_curl_opt) == CURLOPT_SSL_CTX_FUNCTION)

Furthermore, I can't find any definition of CURLOPT_SSL_CTX_FUNCTION
in curl's build directory tree.

I seem to be missing something. Environment is AIX 5.3, compiler is xlc.

-Mike