Re: Does libcurl 7.18.2 support OpenSSL 1.0.0c?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 08:34:00 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 19 Jan 2011, valli.natarajan_at_emc.com wrote:

> Does Libcurl 7.18.2 supports OpenSSL 1.0.0c?

libcurl 7.18.2 is old, OpenSSL 1.0.0c is fairly new. We don't really support
or work with that old libcurl releases. If you must use it, then you're on
your own.

A good approach is always to try out the latest version first to see if that
works.

> I can compile fine but having problem during runtime as following option has
> no effect
>
> curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, 0L);

Let me repeat Dan's words in his reply just a few hours ago that you seemed to
have missed:

You'll first have to share with us some more information. Specifically, what
effect DOES the option have? The default for this option is 1, so setting
it to 0 should have some effect in the appropriate situation. You can start
by including a libcurl debug log and explaining what lines you feel are
incorrect.

> According to document, this option would not verify the server
> certificate/identity but it attempts to validate and failed to connect.

I think you somehow believe CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER is the only option that
controls what libcurl checks but if you read the docs it does clarify:

http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/c/curl_easy_setopt.html#CURLOPTSSLVERIFYPEER