RE: axTLS patch set

From: Gary Maxwell <gmaxwell_at_broadsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 12:07:57 -0800

I'm wondering how much added code and complexity non-blocking support
would actually entail? An extra 2-5%, maybe? Couldn't this be supported
as a compile-time option when building axTLS?

We've used libcurl+axTLS for several years, and I don't recall ever
seeing a failure due to this. In fact, when we use HTTPS, it is used
as a logon transaction which is forwarded by the server to another
authentication server, and if the credentials are invalid, the
authentication server won't respond for 30 seconds, and when it does,
the HTTPS successfully completes, without any peep from axTLS.

We've also been using the multi interface for a couple of years,
together with axTLS, so this is all a rather unpleasant surprise
at this point.

Again, thanks for all of your efforts on this!

Gary @ Broadsoft