Re: TLS security in Curl

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2011 16:05:24 -0800

On Tue, Jan 04, 2011 at 04:50:04PM -0700, Hu, Eric wrote:
> > Also if I use above mentioned API's, and implement some custom
> > protocol, will Curl take care of all HTTP protocol related issues, for
> > e.g. HTTP redirect and handling of error codes???
> >
> I think the short answer here is also no, for similar reasons as above. Also as above, you can probably make use of lots of existing code, either as examples or functions that you call.

How custom a protocol are you talking about? If you're creating a brand-new
protocol then Eric is right--libcurl isn't going to help you much. But if your
custom protocol is identical to HTTP but replaces the word GET with "SNARF" and
adds a new header "X-Slurp" (i.e. customizations that libcurl can handle using
curl_easy_setopt) then yes, libcurl will handle that.

>>> Dan