Re: curl unit testing

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2011 16:24:57 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 3 Jan 2011, Pierre Joye wrote:

> By the way, I did not review all tests yet and only scratch the surface so
> far (to test my windows related changes :). But do you test internal libcurl
> functions (not exposed) as well? Or only the exposed APIs? If internals
> functions are tested as well, that's a kind of totally different tests case.
> Using obj or adding the required files to the build works just fine.

I'm expecting us to want to test all sorts of internal functions. The exposed
APIs can already be tested using the existing setup, while this new more
dedicated unit test section will also add ability to verify otherwise hidden
functions.

The new setup can of course _also_ test the external functions.