running tests windows, without shell

From: Pierre Joye <pierre.php_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2010 14:48:27 +0100

hi,

While working on some windows specific patches, I was trying to run
the tests suite without using msys shell (or mingw or whatever else
but VC+SDK) but it is not possible as far as I can see. Has anyone
worked on running the tests suite on windows without using msys or
previously built using mingw on windows?

There are a lot of posix related dependencies in the tests script but
I wonder if it would be welcome or possible to add the necessary
pieces to allow the tests to be executed without posix deps.

Cheers,

--
Pierre